What do I do if I’ve just been involved in an auto accident?

Immediately after you’ve been involved in a car accident, survey the damage. If there has any damage to property or injury to any individual(s) as a result of the crash, make sure you stay at the scene of the accident. If you are unsure as to whether there has been injury or damage, be safe and wait at the scene. If somebody has been injured, and you are qualified to provide first aid care, do so; if you are not so qualified, do not attempt to care for the injured. Also, be sure to never move an injured individual’s body, as doing so may exacerbate any injuries.

Once you’ve surveyed the scene, contact the police (or have someone else contact the police) to report the accident. When they are contacted, the police should be told how many people are injured (if there are injuries). While you wait for the police, make sure that the emergency lights are flashing on the involved vehicles and, if possible, that the vehicles are moved out of travel lanes. (This is for your safety as well as the safety of other drivers.)

As soon as it is feasible to do so, contact a personal injury lawyer, such as one of ours at Aronberg, Aronberg & Green, by calling +1 561.266.9191.

Free Consultation

Complete the form below, call 561.266.9191 or Live Chat Available 24/7

    You can also Contact our offices directly